Covo is the first coworking space that enhances how you live, not just how you work. It's wonderful coworking, wrapped around a terrific cafe and taproom. Covo pushes coworking further, with an extensive suite of amenities you just don't find under one roof. All this gives Covo members the time-saving convenience of delicious on-site food and drink for themselves – as well as with their clients, coworkers and friends. Learn about us at hellocovo.com
1) External Events and Sales
The most significant part of this position is sales and leveraging your and our networks to connect with event planners, event organizers, and companies that run events. You are selling Covo as a meeting and event venue. Primary sales and marketing efforts are in meeting room/event space rental, secondarily in food catering and beverage, which includes menu planning. Handle key accounts for Covo and be able to communicate the services of Covo to gain commitment from customers.
Sales Responsibilities include:
- Driving traffic and inquiries, and provide compelling sales interactions
- Collaborate with our CEO and marketing team to deliver a consistent event experience
- Work closely with clients on pre-event logistics, post-event follow up and closed loop reporting
- Identify additional lead and demand generating event sponsorship opportunities
- Take what works for driving ROI at events and scale it, while also testing new, creative approaches
- Coordinate inquiries of venue rental form — all sources including website, phone, directory, and email inquiries
- Maintain client and patron databases
- Provide tours for prospective events clients
- Research conventions and other events using all resources including but not limited to SF Travel, Chamber of Commerce, and contact sources to solicit venue rentals and sales
Event Management Responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate internally to ensure all Covo staff, members, and public are informed and that the events calendar is kept up-to-date
- Managing events as they occur in the space (including setup and breakdown as needed)
- Generate awareness externally and internally about events that we are participating in
- Attend major corporate events and coordinate all onsite setup, staffing, and logistics
- Manage vendor contracts and deliverables to ensure all materials are available for each event
- Drive engagement and excitement at events, developing creative promotions and fun party ideas
- Coordinate with clients for all their needs including room set-ups, staging, speakers, photography, audio/visual, design/fabrication, F&B catering needs, etc.
- Coordinate sponsor fulfillment, promotions, signage and special events
- Handle all post event follow-up with clients and reconciliation
- Maintain preferred vendor list
- Event related social media
- Report to COO on event revenue and ROI monthly
- Coordinate with F&B manager and CEO to determine staffing requirements for each event
2) Community & Internal Events
This component will entail working with Community Managers to plan internal events that enhance and enrich the Community such as an annual holiday party, possibly honoring member birthdays, etc. In this area, the Events Manager will also be well versed in and regulate community norms, be able to host the front desk, give tours, etc.
- Take responsibility for the community and the front desk during PM hours from 3 to 8:30 PM. This will overlap with the Community Manager between 3 and 5:30 PM
- Greet and educate new visitors
- Connect with and support hourly users
- Up-sell hourly users to monthly members as appropriate, with emphasis on selling dedicated desks
- Follow coworking check out procedures
- Make sure hourly users are checked out by 8 PM. Making sure if folks would like to stay later that they know membership is an option, as well as custom membership options as is feasible and valuable
- Send bug reports as needed to help us improve Covo pass check in and check out experiences
- So many people come to the door, look in, and turn away. We need to capture those folks and convert them into customers, users, ambassadors and ultimately members
- Work with Rebecca and the F&B Manager on messaging for the sandwich board to draw in Bar customers
- Offer/share customer feedback and your own observations and insight so we can continue to improve the Covo experience
- Provide coverage for other coworking team members to get heads down time. Approximately one hour per shift.
- Host/co-host member happy hour at 4:30 on Fridays. 4:32 to be precise!
- Share information on the member portal, Bisner. Things like favorite local spots, local events, local resources, etc. A weekly member update is not required in this role; that is the job of the Community Manager.
Salary, Commission, and Benefits
- $30k/yr base salary plus tiered commission for events.
- Commission on Space Rental:
- Tier 1 - For leads initiated by you: 25% of space rental revenue
- Tier 2 - For inquiries first dealt with by you: 15% of space rental revenue
- Tier 3 - For space rental for all member events developed and managed by you: 10% space rental revenue
- Tier 4 - For all events not generated but managed and coordinated by you (e.g. partner generated events): 5% of Space rental fee
- Healthcare (we’re all on Kaiser) plus $200/mo towards your premium
- Unlimited vacation (It’s your job to do your job excellently, as well as take care of yourself. We’re all in this for the long haul and are responsible for not burning ourselves out.)
- A drink of your choice each shift, up to $10 (or a $10 discount on pricier drinks)!
Covo is an equal opportunity employer, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please take the time to learn more about our exciting projects at hellocovo.com