Covo is the first coworking space that enhances how you live, not just how you work. It's wonderful coworking, wrapped around a terrific cafe and taproom. Covo pushes coworking further, with an extensive suite of amenities you just don't find under one roof. All this gives Covo members the time-saving convenience of delicious on-site food and drink for themselves – as well as with their clients, coworkers and friends. Learn about us at hellocovo.com
There is a chance that this is the last job you’ll ever apply for. No, we’re not going to off you, but your career with us is one that can last.
Covo is Work. Life. Balanced. We cater to a wide range of industries including startup and tech, AEC (architecture, engineering, and construction), consultants, as well as non profit and female entrepreneurs. Our people-focused business model includes a coffee shop, bar/taproom and coworking space (both hourly and monthly), allowing our members and users to be their most productive selves, while maintaining a good sense of work life balance. Coworking is the future of how we work. At Covo we differentiate ourselves by creating a warm, welcoming, family-oriented environment.
We are a startup, but with a lot of industry experience. This means that we know a ton about what we are doing, but are open to learning as well. We think of Covo as the Google Campus for everyone else. We create close-knit, diverse communities by building physical spaces designed for our lives. Not just our work lives, but our entire lives, from wake to sleep. We believe that terrific workspace, extraordinary amenities, passionate people, and loving the s**t out of our members and users, are the things that make Covo awesome, and staff and members alike excited to be a part of it.
Each employee at Covo is a vital part of the overall ecosystem. We look to you to keep thinking, keep experimenting, keep playing with how to make the staff and customer experience even better, and share those successes and failures with the rest of the team, so we can continue to learn and improve.
Enough about us. What do we need you to bring to the table?
- Passion. Ideally about one or more of the things that get us all out of bed in the morning. These include but are not limited to workspace, community, coffee, tea, wine, beer, pub trivia, music, rom coms, baby animals, sushi, biking, and pickles. Passion allows you to bring more to your job and get more out of it — the whole world wins.
- Detail-orientation. There are a million little pieces to running a company like Covo. No one is too good to plunge a toilet, or too junior to offer a game-changing idea. We also expect a lot of every single person on staff, and don’t expect to have to explain the same concept or policy over and over, so being good with details and a quick learner are key.
- Positivity. We welcome new team members, customers, and vendors with open arms, and err on the side of hugs. Your positivity makes being around you a delight, and you take on challenges with a smile.
- Commitment. We invest a ton of time, training, and resources into our team members, and ask for the same in return.Covo is a career choice, and we work with you to build your future. If we do decide to part ways, we will help you find your next position, and not take it personally.
About the Position
You love, love, love people and making them feel welcome. You learn names and strive to connect one-on-one with visitors, guests, and members. You take people’s questions and issues seriously and take ownership of solving their problems. You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty or learn new things. You are detail-oriented but can also see who’s coming a mile away. You aren’t afraid of confrontation with panhandlers, and you can chat with anyone.
- Warmly welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the phone, by name whenever possible
- Be the front-face of Covo, the first person people connect with and be well-versed in sharing the concept, vision, and history of the company
- Answer questions about the space, membership, events, the coffee shop and tap room, the printers, etc., as well as know when you don’t have enough information and then and then refer folks to the proper team member
- Direct visitors and guests to appropriate location in Covo
- Bouncing - Maintain security to protect our users and members by following protocol, dealing firmly with the daily folks we encounter due to our 6th and Mission location
- Maintain safe, clean, and organized front desk area by thinking through protocol and supporting / enforcing said protocol with the rest of the team and members
- Maintain continuity and clear communication amongst team members by documenting and communicating actions, incidents, and continuing needs
- Helping team members with projects as need and bandwidth allows
- Order and maintain office supplies and inventory
- Booking travelData entry
- Receive and process mail and packages (get a chance to flex your muscles)
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Grace Under Pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office and Drive
- ProficiencyDesire to Learn
- Customer Focus
- Physical Ability to Move Heavy Deliveries (50lbs)
- Absolute Love of People
- Telephone Skills
Benefits and Perks
- $14/hour, 11:30pm-8:30pm (with an hour lunch) Monday-Friday
- Paid leave on your birthday
- Healthcare and $200/mo towards your premium
- 1 free alcoholic (or non-alcoholic) shift drink per day
- Unlimited artisanal loose leaf tea and drip coffee
Covo is an equal opportunity employer, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please take the time to learn more about our exciting projects at hellocovo.com